Now, it is possible to type Indian Rupee Symbol from your computer. Steps are very simple. I have uploaded the required font here. Please, follow steps below.
- Download the font ‘Rupee Foradian.ttf’ from here and Save on your Desktop.
- Go to Control Panel. If Control Panel is displayed in Category View. Click Switch to Classic View on left side bar.
- Now, You will see Font folder.
- Paste this font into this folder.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Change font to ‘Rupee Fordian’.
- Now, Press Key above ‘tab’ key. Great..! You have typed Rupee Symbol.
On March 5, 2009, Indian government has announced a contest to create a symbol for Indian Rupee. This symbol will represent Indian culture and its own identity with uniqueness. New Symbol is selected on 15 July 2010. Symbol is designed by Uday Kumar student of IITB.
This symbol is devanagari letter ‘R’ & Roman captital ‘R’ without its steam.